The 10 Immutable Laws of Integrity Investigations
”We don’t work with people whose values don’t align with ours.”
If your values are not congruent with ours, expectations won’t be met. Not yours. Not ours. Please don’t bother calling if you we’re not a match.
As George Carlin once said, “Anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everyone who drives faster is a maniac.” We try to focus on forging relationships with the people who are going just our speed.
- Keep Difficulties in Perspective: We all come across obstacles in life—fair and unfair. What matters most is not what these obstacles are but how we see them, how we react to them and whether we keep our composure.
- The Obstacle is the Way: The great Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius said, “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.” Remember, There are Always 2, 3 or 5 ways to Resolve a Problem. There is Always a Countermove.
- Control the Controllables: Focusing exclusively on what is in our power magnifies and enhances our power. At the same time, every ounce of energy directed at things we can’t actually influence is wasted, self-indulgent and self-destructive. We have no control over what has already happened. We can only control our response from here on out. The good thing is, our response to any given event is 10X more important than the actual event, itself. We’re either in control of these things, or they’ve got control of us. What matters to an active man is to do the right thing; whether the right thing comes to pass should not bother him. —Goethe
- Take Responsibility…for our thoughts, decisions and actions. Mistakes and failures happen, especially when we’re in the game. Own them. Shit happens. Our situation might not be our fault, but how we respond to any given situation is our responsibility.
- Act with Integrity: The things that we say (and don’t say), the things that we do (and don’t do), as well as the congruence between the two, define who we are in this life. Act with deliberation, boldness, and persistence. Do the right thing.
- Stay Focused on What We Do Best: We don’t spend time doing things we’re not the best at doing. We stay focused on our natural talents and either refuse or refer out everything else. This generates both energy within our company and superior results for our clients.
- Be Organized and Punctual: Be early and be prepared. It’s much better to be an hour early than a minute late.
- Communicate Proactively: Always be responsive, honest and direct in all business dealings. This breeds confidence and clarity for all involved.
- Relentless Pursuit of Justice: We are driven to Uncover the Truth. This company was founded on an obsession for uncovering and exposing the truth. We thrive on exposing cheaters, scammers, liars, thieves, bullies, abusers and deadbeats. This is our purpose. This is why we exist. This is what drives us.
- Be Decisive and Action-Oriented: Life is ultimately shaped by our moment-to-moment decisions, not by present conditions. We can either squander time and opportunity, or seize it. The moment action flows from a decision, it becomes a cause set in motion. By not making a decision about what we’re going to do or how we’re going to live, we’ve made a decision by default. Confidence and Satisfaction only come from fast engagement and completion.